Saturday, December 27, 2008

Balls to Consumerism

Industrialization has opened the gates for the world's demise. I would love to go back to nature. I want to live the way humans lived before the industrial revolution, with little false needs. Just plenty of love and togetherness.

The present world is such that we are forced to spend our lives in material pursuits. Capitalism has transformed us human beings into mere consumers. Just consumers. The media is an instrument that sees to it that we remain consumers.

What have become of us? Our goal was to enjoy life, behold nature's beauty, cherish the blue skies and crisp air, play in the sun, swim in the lakes and live in harmony with nature. And what do we do? We only keep ourselves busy with the products of capitalism. Humans have made a wasteland of this world. They invented the napalm bomb. They are the biggest criminals in history.

Alas! The ones whom I love do not understand this. And I cannot live without them. I'm doomed to rot in this wasteland. That's my greatest regret.

No comments: